Assignments due by Tuesday, Oct. 29, 6pm:
- Weekly reflection on materials chosen from week 9.
- As always, strive to make relevant connections between materials and class content covered earlier in the course, or in other courses and/or other experiences.
- Google form suggestions for map and timeline entries for materials covered in connection with the class on Wed. Oct. 23.
- Google Form with suggestions for map and timeline entries for materials covered in connection with the class on Fri. Oct. 25.
Assignment due by Friday Nov. 1, 11:59PM
- Rewrite primary source analysis 1
- Use the feedback of your first primary source analysis to rewrite your first primary source analysis.
- Include a brief description of what you changed and how you responded to the feedback (e.g. I worked on the introduction, I checked the sources more carefully, I incorporated more background information from reputable sources or the textbook, I added footnotes for references to the primary and secondary sources I consulted,…)
- If your circumstances do not allow you to finish this by Nov. 1, send me via email another due date that works better with your schedule. Remember that the second primary source analysis is due on Nov. 8, plan carefully.
Heads-up: Second primary source analysis!
The first version of your second primary source analysis is due on Nov. 8. You get a chance to rewrite it, but of course the better your first version, the more useful the feedback will be! Think about the feedback you received on the first analysis, and incorporate that in your new analysis.
You may pick texts from the start of the semester, but at least one of them should be from Oct. 2 or later classes. (A detailed list will follow soon)
Start thinking about possible topics, lines of thought, and texts you want to have a close look at; we will make some time this week on Wed. or Fri. to look at some possibilities.
Declaration: Read carefully, then go to Canvas and fill out the quiz:
- I have completed my weekly reflection.
- I have filled out the google forms with suggestions for locations/regions on the map and timeline events (dates or date ranges) for both of last week’s classes.
- I have a plan ready and set enough time aside for rewriting my first primary source analysis by Nov. 1, or I have arranged an alternative due date.