Please complete the following by Tuesday 6pm:
Choose one of the following two options:
Option 1: Creating your own website with Bergbuilds:
- Reactivate your domain (creating subdomain optional), or apply for a domain using this form.
- Set up a category HST269 (this makes it easier to find posts) [How to add a category in WordPress]
- Create a first post. You may choose to use the template and then adjust it to fit in a post.
- Tip: you can include hyperlinks and audio-visual material easily! [How to add a link in WordPress]
- Use the term “Week 1” in the title of the post, if you choose to write this as the first of your 12 weekly reflections.
- Use the word “Test” in the title of the post, if this is just a test to check if you’ve got all the technology set up properly.
- Add the URL for your website to the Canvas page
- Scroll further down on this page to the Declaration, and read and complete, please.
Option 2: Using a Google Drive folder for your HST269 coursework:
- Create a Google Drive folder including the term “HST269” in the folder title
- Create a first document. You may choose to use the template, but we’re just testing if the technology works here.
- Tip: you can include links and audio-visual materials in your assignments! [How to add links in Google docs]
- Use the term “Week 1” in the document title, if you choose to write this as the first of your 12 weekly reflections
- Use the term “Test” in the document title, if this is just a test to check if everything is set up properly.
- Set the document to be shared so others who have the link can comment. [How to share a document in Google Docs]
- Share the address of the folder on the Canvas page
- Read the Declaration (right underneath) and complete, please.
Declaration: Read this carefully, then go to Canvas and fill out the quiz (true/false)
- I have created a domain with bergbuilds
- I have set up the category HST269
- I have created a first post, with either the word “Test” in the title, or the term “Week 1” in the title of the post
- I have added the URL for my website to the Canvas page
- I have created a folder in Google drive with the term “HST269” in the folder title
- I have created a first document, with either the word “Test” in the title, or the term “Week 1” in the title of the document.
- I have added the address of my Google folder to the Canvas page
The quiz/survey is not graded, but it will help you to keep on top of the workload.
This system works on the honors principle from the Academic Integrity Code (AIC): if you declare “True” (i.e. that you have done these steps) but in fact you haven’t, you are violating the code, as “B4: False information”.
If one of the steps is giving you trouble, please let me know, or if it is a tech issue, go to the Hive in B06 in Trexler Library (for option 1: website) or IT in the basement of Ettinger (option 2: Google folder), and ask them to help you. Fill out “False” for the time being, and update your answer when you have everything sorted.